Besides being a musician, I'm also an avid gamer. Here's some info on the latest games I'm currently playing.
Steam Summer Sale 2013 Quick Reviews - Volume 1
Written on September 13th, 2013.
So many games...so little time.
1. Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - 4 hours of fun but it comes at almost $4 per gameplay hour ratio at the current price of $14.99 for the main quest line. Verdict - Pick it up on sale.
2. Bioshock Infinite - If it was infinitely replayable it could have been better than Skyrim but it was some of the best 16 hours I've ever played. Has a $2.5 per gameplay hour ratio at the current $40 price. Verdict - Buy it.
3. Metro: Last Light - Personally I think this was better than Bioshock Infinite. At $50 it has a $2 per gameplay hour ratio with a 25 hour play through time if you like to explore. Chapter system allows you to go back and replay chapters for missed achievements rather than doing a whole play through like other games. Verdict - Buy it.
4. XCOM: Enemy Unknown - A great tactical game with plenty of replay. At $40 it has a $1.5 per hour of gameplay ratio. Verdict - Buy it or buy the classic XCOM games that are now downloadable.
5. The Bureau: XCOM Declassified - There's a reason it was filed away for so long. At $50 it has a $2.5 per hour of gameplay ratio. Verdict - Too many graphic and audio bugs plus an unpolished story...pass.
6. Dead Island Riptide - Rest in pieces. At $40 it almost has a $!.33 per hour of gameplay ratio. The trouble is they made quests slow due to long distances between the quest giver and the quest location. Verdict - Buy it on sale or go play some DayZ Mod until DayZ Standalone is released.
In Progress Games
7. Borderlands 2 - At $30 it has almost has under a $1.5 per gameplay hour ratio. I'm not sure how far along I am so I expect it may be under $1 per gameplay hour once I finish. DLC purchases in game are a bit to blatant in the main and pause menus but otherwise it is a great game. In Progress Verdict - Buy it.
8. Civilization V Gold Edition - I haven't played much but at the $50 price I would wait for a sale since it is less than $15 on sale.